This page has been created as there aren't any general resources online that are referenced to for help with the various techniques and writings that honours students need to learn and study.
- Document search tools/online bibliographies
- Specific to my project
- Celts printable resources
These resources are accessed with student login name and authcate password. They are very similar (same?) to the handouts in CSE417.
Two of the more applicable references are:
- Introduction to Research Writing: Reviewing the Literature For postgraduates and honours students.
- A Guide to Analysing Sample Theses For new postgraduates.
- Referencing and Integrating Sources
- Style and Editing A guide and exercises on style and editing longer documents.
- The Monash University Virtual Librarian has several tutorials and help pages available
- Mayura Draw - a vector drawing program for creating eps and svg diagrams in Windows. There is a 30 day evaluation copy available.
- XFig - a vector drawing program that comes with most linux distributions. Can convert cleanly to any number of formats. 'transfig' is a command line tool for conversion.
- Gnuplot - a graphing program that comes with most linux distributions. Available on the site is a FAQ, tutorial and manual. It is also available from aarnet and monash.
- Windows Xfig
- CSSE resources
- CTAN TeX community - has heaps of links
- TeX User Group Another huge collection of TeX links.
- Tobias Oetiker's LaTeX Tutorial
- Various tutorials On the TUG website
- BiBTeX - Brief Description
- CSE1402 Technical Documentation - Has many templates in the Prac section, and descriptions of LaTeX use in the lecture notes
- MikTeX - LaTeX for Windows.
- First grade TEX: a beginner's TEX manual by Samuel, Arthur L. at Stanford University, Department of Computer Science, November 1983