Travelling in Japan
Japan is a very safe place to travel, and is incredibly picturesque, both in the countryside and in the hectic cities. The people are very helpful, and the train system is incredible (especially for someone visiting from Australia!) Accomodation is relatively cheap, as many hotels cater for single travellers.
My experiences in Japan
- In July 2010 I moved to Japan to take part in the Japanese Exchange Teaching programme (JET), but due to work commitments I did not have the time or energy to travel much. Living in Fukushima during the magnitude 9.0 earthquake and subsequent nuclear disaster was not very enjoyable, and I left once a replacement for my teaching position was found.
- 2009/2010 December/January - Northern Kyushu and areas in Honshu. My second trip - less hectic, and my first experience of winter in Japan.
- 2008 June - Northern Honshu and Hokkaido. The first of many trips I hope! I fell completely in love with the countryside, food and ease of travel!
- Nikko, Japan - touring the waterfalls
- Nikko, Japan - Tamozawa Imperial Villa
- Travelling alone in Japan
|flickr | nifwlseirff | Japan|