Teaching: Student Resources
These are just a collection of general resources that students and/or teachers may find useful for a number of subjects, and studying at Monash in general (or anywhere else for that matter).
Honours students may find this page more useful, as it contains many more relevant resources.
- Linux/gcc reference sheet - used for CSE1303 2003 (PDF)
- GNU/Linux quick reference
- Unix quick reference
- Unix quick reference
gcc and C programming resources
- GCC compiler info - everything you will ever need to know about gcc.
- The Complete Reference to gcc - and more of everything you will ever need to know.
- gcc introduction - deals with g++, but the options are similar, if not the same.
- Compiling with gcc under linux - University of Washington
- CSE1301 courseware - Introduction to Computer Programming (in C) Monash University
- CSE1303 courseware - Part A - Data structures and Algorithms (in C) Monash University
- C programming - University of Strathclyde, UK
- C Programming - University of Washington, USA
- Introduction to C Programming - online tutorial, University of Leicester, UK
- Pointers and Arrays - A tutorial on pointers and arrays by Ted Jensen
- C tutorials - Eddie Wong
- gdb tutorial
- Reference Card (ps)
- gdb tutorial - Andrew Gilpin, Washington University
- Brief gdb tutorial
- gdb documentation - all you ever needed to know about gdb.
- gdb user manual
- Tag Reference
- NCSA - A beginners guide to HTML
- Monash ITS Web Resource Site
- Accessible Web Authoring Guidelines
- HTML tutorials - Eddie Wong
- Beginner HTML tutorials - Webmonkey
- Webmonkey - resources for beginners and masters
- w3.org Advanced HTML Guide
- Public Domain Images - images free to use
- useit.com Jakob Nielsen's Usability site
- Summarizing and paraphrasing - an article explaining what the difference is, and how to do it without plagiarizing.
- Celts printable resources These resources are accessed with student login name and authcate password. They are very similar to (same as?) the handouts in CSE417. Two of the more applicable references are:
- Introduction to Research Writing: Reviewing the Literature For postgraduates and honours students.
- A Guide to Analysing Sample Theses For new postgraduates.
- Referencing and Integrating Sources
- Style and Editing A guide and exercises on style and editing longer documents.
- The Monash University Virtual Librarian has several tutorials and help pages available
- CSSE resources - including the thesis style package for honours
- CTAN TeX community - has heaps of links
- TeX User Group Another huge collection of TeX links.
- Tobias Oetiker's LaTeX Tutorial
- Various tutorials On the TUG website
- BiBTeX - Brief Description
- CSE1402 Technical Documentation - many templates in the Prac section, descriptions of LaTeX use in the notes
- MikTeX - LaTeX for Windows.
Monash resources (some are internal only)
- Monash Community Services
- Self Help - exam taking, motivation, transition, time management and other resources.
- Housing Service
- Financial Aid
- MONSEACS - employment Services, including general tutoring.
- Undergraduate Handbook
- ITS - computer services.
- Plagiarism policy
- Special Consideration policy
- Monash lectures online
- Monash Library Catalogue