CSE1301 Introduction to Programming
I lectured CSE1301 in semester 2 2001, and developed lecture notes, however as Monash owns the rights, they are staying on the courseware site. Unfortunately, Monash University no longer offers this subject, and is instead teaching Java as the main programming language throughout their IT courses. Anyone studying beginner C programming may find these links useful.
- C How to Program (3rd Edition) - Harvey M. Deitel and Paul J. Deitel
- C Programming Language (2nd Edition) - Brian W. Kernighan and Dennis M. Ritchie
gcc and C programming resources
- GCC compiler info - everything you will ever need to know about gcc.
- The Complete Reference to gcc - and more of everything you will ever need to know.
- gcc introduction - deals with g++, but the options are similar, if not the same.
- Compiling with gcc under linux - University of Washington
- CSE1301 courseware - Introduction to Computer Programming (in C) Monash University
- CSE1303 courseware - Part A - Data structures and Algorithms (in C) Monash University
- C programming - University of Strathclyde, UK
- C Programming - University of Washington, USA
- Introduction to C Programming - online tutorial, University of Leicester, UK
- Pointers and Arrays - A tutorial on pointers and arrays by Ted Jensen
- C tutorials - Eddie Wong
Monash resources (some are internal only)
- Monash Community Services
- Self Help - exam taking, motivation, transition, time management and other resources.
- Housing Service
- Financial Aid
- MONSEACS - employment Services, including general tutoring.
- Undergraduate Handbook
- ITS - computer services.
- Plagiarism policy
- Special Consideration policy
- Monash lectures online
- Monash Library Catalogue