CSE1303 Introduction to Computer Science
I lectured CSE1303 Part A (Data Structures and Algorithms) between 2002-2004, and tutored it between 2000 and 2005. The lecture notes and other courseware that I helped develop are available on the Monash courseware site as they own the rights. Unfortunately, Monash University no longer offers this subject, and is instead teaching Java as the main programming language throughout their IT courses. Anyone studying beginner C programming or basic algorithms and data structures may find these links useful.
- Course material
- Recommended reading
- UNIX/Linux resources
- gcc & C programming resources
- gdb resources
- Monash resources
- www.csse.monash.edu.au/courseware/cse1303r (Semester 1)
- www.csse.monash.edu.au/courseware/cse1303 (Semester 2)
- 2002: Summer, Semester 2
- 2003: Summer , Semester 2
- C How to Program (3rd Edition) - Harvey M. Deitel and Paul J. Deitel
- C Programming Language (2nd Edition) - Brian W. Kernighan and Dennis M. Ritchie
- Linux/gcc reference sheet - used for CSE1303 2003 (PDF)
- GNU/Linux quick reference
- Unix quick reference
- Unix quick reference
gcc and C programming resources
- GCC compiler info - everything you will ever need to know about gcc.
- The Complete Reference to gcc - and more of everything you will ever need to know.
- gcc introduction - deals with g++, but the options are similar, if not the same.
- Compiling with gcc under linux - University of Washington
- CSE1301 courseware - Introduction to Computer Programming (in C) Monash University
- CSE1303 courseware - Part A - Data structures and Algorithms (in C) Monash University
- C programming - University of Strathclyde, UK
- C Programming - University of Washington, USA
- Introduction to C Programming - online tutorial, University of Leicester, UK
- Pointers and Arrays - A tutorial on pointers and arrays by Ted Jensen
- C tutorials - Eddie Wong
- gdb tutorial
- Reference Card (ps)
- gdb tutorial - Andrew Gilpin, Washington University
- Brief gdb tutorial
- gdb documentation - all you ever needed to know about gdb.
- gdb user manual
Monash resources (some are internal only)
- Monash Community Services
- Self Help - exam taking, motivation, transition, time management and other resources.
- Housing Service
- Financial Aid
- MONSEACS - employment Services, including general tutoring.
- Undergraduate Handbook
- ITS - computer services.
- Plagiarism policy
- Special Consideration policy
- Monash lectures online
- Monash Library Catalogue