The travel bug has bitten me late-ish in life, and I have discovered how much I like wandering around different countries, and looking for fantastic photography spots. Unfortunately, my photography skills are still very raw, and I haven't been to many places yet, but I'm sure this section will grow in time.
|flickr | nifwlseirff | holiday (tag)|
I love the countryside, language, food and culture of Japan, and plan to visit there often. My first trip was in 2008, and I knew very little Japanese at the time, got stuck in Sendai because of a huge earthquake, and went to the northernmost tip. My second trip included a culture course and home stay in Fukuoka. At some point in the future, I will have to visit the most southern tip, just so I can say I have been as far north and as far south as possible.
- 2008 June - Northern Honshu and Hokkaido
- 2009/2010 December/January - Northern Kyushu and areas of Honshu
- 2010 July - Fukushima (for the JET Programme, and including the 2011 Earthquake)
- 2011 May - Nikko
- Nikko, Japan - touring the waterfalls
- Nikko, Japan - Tamozawa Imperial Villa
- Travelling alone in Japan
Having a German partner made travelling in Germany much easier, as I knew absolutely no German. I'd like to see more of the country in spring / autumn some day, and visit the castles along the Rhine when they are actually open.
- 2003 December - Frankfurt to Bremen along the Rhine
- 2008 June - Bremen (short trip)
- 2010 April - Leipzig and Sachsen
- Things to do in Leipzig: Notenspur music trail
- Backstage photos from the Leipzig Opera
- Leipzig Zoo - a zoo of the future
I haven't seen much of Australia, but I think that is common for the place you live and grow up in. Most of my trips involve forests or mountains - places where I can walk or hike.
- 2009 November - Dunsborough and surrounds, Western Australia (and wine tasting notes)
- 2007 September/October - Tasmania, Great Ocean Road, Otways and Grampians